Find 40+ true friendship quotes to celebrate your friends this season.
They say your friends are the family you choose. You have the freedom to decide who you want to be part of your tribe, who you want to call “your people.” Your choice of friends have an immense impact on your life. The best ones help you to be the person you want to be. They hear your unspoken words. They love you, flaws and all.
In this time and age when everything moves and shifts at a fast pace, friendships are sometimes taken for granted. Saying “they’ll understand I’m just busy right now” is slowly becoming a lame excuse that, quite honestly, sucks.
Everyone is busy. Everyone has things they need to prioritize. But you should never be too busy for friends the same way they should never be too preoccupied for you. Remember, even the strongest and longest friendships require sustenance.
Here are ways to strengthen your relationship with your friends further.
40+ Truthful Quotes about Friendship
- A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
- “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” – Shanna Rodriguez
- “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.” – Oscar Wilde
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
- “Sitting silently beside a friend who is hurting may be the best gift we can give.” – Unknown
- “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
- “In my friend, I find a second self.” – Isabel Norton
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
- “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” – Steve Maraboli
- “‘We’ll be friends forever, won’t we, Pooh?’ Asked Piglet. ‘Even longer,’ Pooh answered.” – Winnie The Pooh
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A true friend is someone who will always love you — the imperfect, the confused, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do.” – R. J. L.
- “The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
- “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” – N.R. Hart
- “If you wanna find out who’s a true friend, screw up or go through a challenging time … then see who sticks around.” – Karen Salmonsohn
- “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” – Heidi Wills
- “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” – Anna Taylor
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson
- “We’ll be friends ’til we’re old and senile. … Then we’ll be new friends!” – Anonymous
- “You have been my friend,” replied Charlotte. “That in itself is a tremendous thing.” – E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
- “A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.” – Anonymous
- “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elizabeth Foley
- “Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.” – C.J. Langenhoven
- “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation or being together. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends never part.” – Anonymous
- “I get by with a little help from my friends.” – The Beatles
- “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” – Buddha
- Friendship Quotes to Celebrate Your Friends
“True friendship is never serene.”- Marquise de Sevigne
- “Be slow to fall into friendship, but when you are in, continue firm and constant.” – Socrates
- “Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf
- “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
- “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” – Waqar Waqar Ahmed
- “When a woman becomes her own best friend, life is easier.” – Diane von Furstenburg
- “There is nothing I wouldn’t do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature.” – Jane Austen
- “There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met.” – Jim Henson
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Dear George: Remember no man is a failure who has friends.” – It’s a Wonderful Life