Civeo is a hotel and accommodation industry located in the province of British Columbia, Canada.
Recent research have proven that Canada is one of the top destinations for immigrants from all over the world as the country is known to have open arms and improved standard of living for everyone without regards for gender, nationality, religion or others.
Civeo, British Columbia is at the moment on the lookout to recruit dedicated, competent, and goal-oriented individuals to join their team as Chefs
A Chef which are sometimes called as Chef de Cuisine is an individual that works in the kitchen and handle the preparation of food for customers. They perform series of function which include formulating a cooking plan for the kitchen, preparation and cooking of meals, requesting and sourcing for ingredients for the kitchen and the effective maintenance of a clean and organized kitchen.
An individual is however required to possess some certain features and qualifications before they can be considered for the position which ranges from having excellent customer service skills, goal and detail oriented, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent knowledge of computer software, active listening skills, and able to strictly adhere to instructions.
Required Documentation to Work as a Chef in Canada
For any immigrant to work in the country, you need a legal document/official backing which is known as a work permit.
Although there’re exemptions when the applicant is a recent graduate from a designated learning institution in the country. However, an individual must have a job offer before he/she can apply for a work permit.
Eligibility Requirement for a Work Permit
Before you can apply for a work permit, the following criteria must be duly met;
- Applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Applicant must have good health/medical record
- Applicant must be able to provide an intent form/letter that would prove he/she would leave on the expiration of the permit
- Must provide a job offer from an eligible employer
- Proof of financial capability to cater for himself and his family
Chef Job Responsibilities and Duties
A chef working with Civeo, and other establishment in the country would be required to effectively perform series of responsibilities which are;
- Receiving and welcoming of guests to the restaurant
- Requesting and sourcing for ingredients for the kitchen
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen
- Preparation and cooking of foods in the kitchen
- Coordinate the daily operation of the kitchen
- Ensure guests request are timely met
- Formulating and planning of kitchen menu
- Follow established health and safety protocols and procedures
- Without debate, perform all assigned duties
Chef Skills and Requirements
A Chef is required to possess some certain features and qualifications in order to function effectively in the position. These include;
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Goal and detail oriented
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to strictly adhere to instructions
- Capable of functioning effectively as an individual and as a member of a team
- Excellent knowledge of computer software
- Active listening skills
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Benefits of Working in such Position
A chef enjoy series of employment benefits. Although, an individual have the option of choosing to work as a temporary or permanent worker. Benefit that comes with the job includes;
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- On-site amenities
- Employer paying for learning/training
- Free parking available
- And lots more
How to Apply
The country gives equal opportunity to all applicants so does all establishments in the country so suitable qualified applicants are enjoyed to waste no time and start their application right away