Ruthven Greenhouse Construction Limited is a family owned company established 25 years ago by Nuelfed brothers. It’s headquarter is located in the province of Ontario Canada. However, they’re known to handle any greenhouse construction in Canada.
Recent research have proven that Canada is one of the top destinations for immigrants from all over the world as the country is known to have open arms and improved standard of living for everyone without regards for gender, nationality, religion or others.
Ruthven Greenhouse Construction is at the moment on the lookout to recruit dedicated, competent, and goal-oriented individuals to join their team as Construction Workers.
A construction worker which are sometimes called as construction labourer is an individual that works on construction site. They perform series of function on the site which ranges from loading and offloading of materials, erection and dismantling of scaffolding, removal of debris and other hazardous materials, and performing series of manual labour required at the construction site.
An individual is however required to possess some certain features and qualifications before they can be considered for the position which ranges from being strong an energetic to be able to effectively perform manual labor on the site, capable of standing, bending, walking, and others for long hours, have previous experience in the mixing and serving of concrete, capable of operating construction machine, and able to strictly adhere to instructions.
Required Documentation to Work as a Construction Worker in Canada
For any immigrant to work in the country, you need a legal document/official backing which is known as a work permit.
Although there’re exemptions when the applicant is a recent graduate from a designated learning institution in the country. However, an individual must have a job offer before he/she can apply for a work permit.
Eligibility Requirement for a Work Permit
Before you can apply for a work permit, the following criteria must be duly met;
- Applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Applicant must have good health/medical record
- Applicant must be able to provide an intent form/letter that would prove he/she would leave on the expiration of the permit
- Must provide a job offer from an eligible employer
- Proof of financial capability to cater for himself and his family
Construction Workers Job Responsibilities and Duties
A construction worker working with Ruthven Greenhouse Construction Ltd and other construction establishment in the country would be required to effectively perform series of responsibilities which are;
- Loading and offloading of construction materials to trucks
- Transporting or movement of materials to the site
- Mixing, pouring, spreading, and serving of concrete and other materials
- Proper and safe operation of construction machine and equipment
- Care and maintenance of construction machine and equipment
- Erecting and dismantling of scaffolding as may be required
- Cleaning and preparation of construction site
- Removal of rubbles, debris, and other hazardous materials
- Follow established health and safety protocols and procedures
- Without debate, perform all assigned duties
Construction Worker Skills and Requirements
A construction worker is required to possess some certain features and qualifications in order to function effectively in the position. These include;
- Being strong and energetic to be able to effectively perform manual labor on the site
- Capable of standing, bending, walking, and others for long hours
- Have previous experience in mixing, pouring, and serving of concrete,
- Capable of operating construction machine
- Able to strictly adhere to instructions
- Capable of functioning effectively as an individual and as a member of a team
- Excellent hand to eye coordination skills
- Efficient communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Benefits of Working in such Position
A construction worker enjoy series of employment benefits. Although, an individual have the option of choosing to work as a temporary or permanent worker. Benefit that comes with the job includes;
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- On-site amenities
- Employer paying for learning/training
- Free parking available
- And lots more
How to Apply
The country gives equal opportunity to all applicants so does all establishments in the country so suitable qualified applicants are enjoyed to waste no time and start their application right away