W. Charlot Grains Ltd is an agricultural farm located in Ontario, Canada.
Recent research have proven that Canada is one of the top destinations for immigrants from all over the world as the country is known to have open arms and improved standard of living for everyone without regards for gender, nationality, religion or others.
W. Charlot Grains Ltd., is at the moment on the lookout to recruit dedicated, competent, and goal-oriented individuals to join their team as Fruit Pickers.
A Fruit Picker which is sometimes known as Fruit Harvester is an individual that works on the farm and perform regular picking and harvesting of fruits. They perform series of function which include timely determination and selection of ripe fruits, picking and harvesting of row and orchard crops, moving of harvested fruits on the farmland, and the checking, inspection, and examination of fruits.
An individual is however required to possess some certain features and qualifications before they can be considered for the position which ranges from having excellent customer service skills, goal and detail oriented, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong and energetic, active listening skills, and able to strictly adhere to instructions.
Required Documentation to Work as a Fruit Picker in Canada
For any immigrant to work in the country, you need a legal document/official backing which is known as a work permit.
Although there’re exemptions when the applicant is a recent graduate from a designated learning institution in the country. However, an individual must have a job offer before he/she can apply for a work permit.
Eligibility Requirement for a Work Permit
Before you can apply for a work permit, the following criteria must be duly met;
- Applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Applicant must have good health/medical record
- Applicant must be able to provide an intent form/letter that would prove he/she would leave on the expiration of the permit
- Must provide a job offer from an eligible employer
- Proof of financial capability to cater for himself and his family
Fruit Picker Job Responsibilities and Duties
A fruit picker working with W. Charlot Grains, Ltd., and other establishment in the country would be required to effectively perform series of responsibilities which are;
- Determination and selection of ripe fruits
- Picking of row and orchard crops
- Movement of harvested fruits within the farmland
- Getting harvested fruits ready for shipment
- Checking, inspecting, and examination of harvested fruits
- Proper storage of harvested fruits and veggies
- Follow established health and safety protocols and procedures
- Without debate, perform all assigned duties
Fruit Picker/Harvester Skills and Requirements
A fruit picker or harvester is required to possess some certain features and qualifications in order to function effectively in the position. These include;
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Goal and detail oriented
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Able to strictly adhere to instructions
- Capable of functioning effectively as an individual and as a member of a team
- Strong and energetic
- Capable of bending, squatting, standing, and walking for extended hours
- Active listening skills
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Benefits of Working in such Position
A fruit picker enjoy series of employment benefits. Although, an individual have the option of choosing to work as a temporary or permanent worker. Benefit that comes with the job includes;
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- On-site amenities
- Employer paying for learning/training
- Free parking available
- And lots more
How to Apply
The country gives equal opportunity to all applicants so does all establishments in the country so suitable qualified applicants are enjoyed to waste no time and start their application right away